What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

A Moment of Tiki

Great job! This project turned out awesome! -and a big thumbs up for giving us the safety spiel about fumes and toxins. I've watched a few resin counter top videos where these guys are just breathing in the fumes.

Keep up the great work!

Great job! This project turned out awesome! -and a big thumbs up for giving us the safety spiel about fumes and toxins. I've watched a few resin counter top videos where these guys are just breathing in the fumes.

Keep up the great work!
Some of these crafters seem to think if you can't smell it, it can't hurt you. Others think if you can smell it, you can just tough it out. No thanks. At my age I've long since abandoned pretentious machismo. I value my lungs and brain cells.

Awesome! I just need to find some shells!

That's the trick, isn't it? Big Irish scallop shells seem the preferred type for these lamps but they're not so easy to come by anymore. More colorful shells can cost $$$ to gather enough for a full lamp. What's a tiki fanatic to do? :unsure:

Thanks Lagoon of Mystery! Always entertaining!

colonel sanders dancing GIF by KFC Australia

That is one sweet video! (get it?)

I didn't know you could grow cane that easily. Great job! I always learn something new!
Thanks! I didn't realize that either before I started messing around with it. I was certainly dubious it would survive winters in-ground. But this is the fourth year it has come back--I pulled off the frost blanket a couple weeks back and there are a bunch of green shoots a foot high already.

No fooling! Episode 66 marks the four-year anniversary of A Moment of Tiki! This month I'm coming at you with "next-level fish float lights." What's next-level you may ask? Tune in and find out!

Episode 67 of A MOMENT OF TIKI may now be found on the YouTubes! And this time out I welcome @tiki.tum to the Lagoon for a wide-ranging conversation about animation, tiki, mug design and more. Seriously folks, this one's a heck of a lot of fun and I'm inordinately pleased with it. Let me know what you think!

Nice job as usual. You should have these folks sign the walls of the Lagoon of Mystery! Could be worth millions someday! lol

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I've been following Paul for years and when I saw he was visiting San Antonio I took my shot. Fortunately, he made room in his packed schedule for this weird stalker tiki guy on YouTube and turned out to be a fantastic guest. He showed Lisa and myself pictures of the Princess Leia mug Beeline Creative announced last weekend. It wasn't public knowledge when we recorded, though, so it killed me not to be able to talk about it. I'm not a huge fan of Beeline's aesthetic overall, be it Star Wars or other licensed properties, but I think Paul's Leia design is outstanding.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 10-34-47 Geeki Tikis Unveils Princess Leia Mug for May the 4th.png

Episode 68 of A Moment of Tiki is now live on the YouTubes! This time out I take a road trip down to San Antonio to partake in the Alamo Aloha Fiestaval. Central Texas may not be well-known for tropical vibes and Pasifika culture, but you wouldn't know it while visiting this annual two-day event.

Back