What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Blank slate recommendation - dream trip to PNG/Tahiti/etc?

Krusty

Aloha - we are considering a trip to the Pacific in 2023 and we want to visit this region. Looking for recommendations wrt places to stay as well as authentic cultural activities. I saw Tonga was recently hit by a tsunami and I'm not what the impact was to the island.

While I have not had the good fortune to venture into the Pacific, it is my understanding that the Cook Islands are a prime destination. They're pristine but not wholly commercialized and overwhelmed with tourists. As such, they're somewhat less expensive than other, more developed, destinations. If you want to get as close to authentic as possible, you should give them a hard look.

While I have not had the good fortune to venture into the Pacific, it is my understanding that the Cook Islands are a prime destination. They're pristine but not wholly commercialized and overwhelmed with tourists. As such, they're somewhat less expensive than other, more developed, destinations. If you want to get as close to authentic as possible, you should give them a hard look.
Thank you and will definitely look into it!

Back