What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Day 100. Trader Vic’s Angoram

On this day, the century mark of this daily blog, we celebrate another cool Tiki mug from Trader Vic’s. The Angoram mug is based on the masks created by the natives of Angoram, a city in the Sepik region of Papua New Guinea. This mug is the most authentic example of cultural appreciation that I own. I only wish I had an actual mask to compare it to! Someday, I will travel to PNG and see for myself.

084D58B2-E099-4AF8-B54C-3964436C8DC7.jpeg

Nice scary looking mask! And as an engineer, I love the spur gear on his chin. But I'm having trouble picturing that as a mug. The top doesn't look flat enough to actually drink out of.

Nice scary looking mask! And as an engineer, I love the spur gear on his chin. But I'm having trouble picturing that as a mug. The top doesn't look flat enough to actually drink out of.
Chicago Jake the mask is up higher at the top than the rest of the mug. It may just be the perspective of the photo, but the rest of the top is a relatively flat opening. Although, full disclosure, I’ve never had a drink from this mug.

Back