What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Day 119. Shaken Not Stirred

Continuing with my Doug Horne theme, here is the first print of his I acquired. Shaken Not Stirred is a gorgeous pencil drawing of Sean Connery as James Bond, holding a gun and a Tiki drink in place of his normal martini. Talk about worlds colliding! The spy genre is Tiki adjacent at best, overlapping somewhat with the Mid-Century Modern era. This art closes that loop. Mahalo, Doug Horne, okole maluna!

54BEC6F9-3BBF-4A20-816C-E1103963CCF4.jpeg

Bond with a Tiki drink isn't all that farfetched, if you are a fan of the books. The vodka martini fetish is mostly from the films. He drinks them now and then in the books, too, but mainly he'll drink whatever happens to be around.

Bond with a Tiki drink isn't all that farfetched, if you are a fan of the books. The vodka martini fetish is mostly from the films. He drinks them now and then in the books, too, but mainly he'll drink whatever happens to be around.
Good to know! I never read any of Ian Fleming’s books. Speaking of books, check out Day 120. 😎

Back