What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Day 290. Dean Martin Season’s Greetings

Continuing with my holiday music discs, we move from the kings of jing-a-ling to the king of cool. Dean Martin is my favorite Mid-Century Modern crooner, and he brings a velvety vibe to Christmas music. Besides his timeless (and now controversial?) Baby It’s Cold Outside, there are 9 other traditional tunes and sultry ballads that feature Dino’s smooth style. Sadly, A Marshmallow World isn’t on this album, which means there must be some other collections I need to get. Hmmm…

8704A740-BD55-4116-A435-326934000669.jpeg

I have that same album, and it is definitely a favorite. You gotta love Dino's casual, "who gives a damn?" attitude that shines through his performance.

I can even (almost) forgive the stylized snowflakes on the cover which demonstrate octagonal symmetry instead of the more accurate hexagonal symmetry.

I have that same album, and it is definitely a favorite. You gotta love Dino's casual, "who gives a damn?" attitude that shines through his performance.

I can even (almost) forgive the stylized snowflakes on the cover which demonstrate octagonal symmetry instead of the more accurate hexagonal symmetry.
Chicago Jake, interesting I hadn’t thought about the 8-legged snowflakes on the cover. B/T/W I just got this second album from Amazon today. Only three repeats from the above album, and this one actually came out in 1966 while Dino was still among us. Check it out.

Attachments

• 0AE0BF4B-8216-4429-86F6-2AD55BBF78A1.jpeg
    0AE0BF4B-8216-4429-86F6-2AD55BBF78A1.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
Back