What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Day 62. Charlie Chan’s Solution

First we had a few rum drinks. Then one mixed with whiskey. Last week I enjoyed a Bombay Sapphire martini. Today gin comes full circle into a Tiki drink called Charlie Chan’s Solution, which features gin in lieu of rum in a tropical drink. The recipe comes from Kelly “Hiphipahula” Reilly and “Trader” Tom Morgan’s book, The Home Bar Guide to Tropical Cocktails. The gin blends well with the fruit in this refreshing beverage. My wife Jess, who doesn’t much care for Tiki drinks, really likes this one. Perhaps she prefers gin over rum? Oh well. Okole maluna!

3774BFF3-05E1-4651-A488-EB1D6F754C5A.jpeg

Sounds like I need to give that one a try. I love the name! Charlie Chan’s Solution! (y)
I like to mix it up every now and again. Gin is a nice alternative.

Yes, please try it! Gin gives it a lighter taste than rum, and its crispness balances the fruit juices well. Okole maluna!

Back