What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

PeleBarAtBarefootBay on Etsy

MadDog Mike

I make stuff and sometimes list it on Etsy. I'll post it here

Cannibal Bowl REPLICA. The original Cannibal Bowls were used at the Ren Clark Polynesian Village in Fort Worth Texas in the 1960s and also a large version was served at the Mauna Loa in Mexico City. I don’t believe any of the original Bowls have surfaced.

Made from a Crate & Barrel ceramic cauldron, a poplar wood stand, chain, and a custom formed ceramic skull. Chains are attached with a sturdy nylon zip tie. Disassembles for storage and includes two cloth storage bags, one for the legs and skull peg, the other bag for the bowl, skull, & wooden platform. For permanent display, the legs could be attached to the platform with a few drops of wood glue.

This one is slightly different from my previous Cannibal Bowls. The skull at the top is also a small mug. Use it for your favorite sipper rum or for a separate small drink.

Dimensions 9”x9” base, 16 inches tall. Cauldron holds 24 ounces comfortably, skull mug on top holds about 6 ounces.

Attachments

• Cannibal Bowl.jpg
    Cannibal Bowl.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3
The Tiki mug 700 years in the making. This specially constructed mug is served to a guest who is unaware of it’s secret, they must figure out how to drink from it without spilling.

This “∩H∀Ԁ Mug” is inspired by an 18th century Hawaiian Pahu drum now found in The British Museum. Because of the open spaces at the top, it can’t be tipped and drunk from like a regular mug. It has 4 spouts at the top that are interconnected by hollow ring and a pick-up tube leading to the mug’s contents. Any of the 4 spouts will serve as a straw, but only if the other 3 are plugged with your fingers. Since it can only be filled half full, it’s a large mug – 7 1/2 inches tall, 5 inches in diameter, and holding about 15 ounces. Glazed a rich glossy dark brown with the lighter brown “ties” contrasting in both color and texture. Made of low-fire ceramic (Cone 04), a brass fitting, polyvinyl tubing, and chemically inert glue.

This mug is handmade (not molded) and limited production, no more than 5 of these Pahu inspired puzzle mugs will be made depending on demand. Numbered #2/<6 (2 of less than 6), whether I make 2 or 5 the equation is still correct LOL

Attachments

• Puzzle Mug.jpg
    Puzzle Mug.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
Back