What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Rum Runner Recipe

Kahikina

Administrator
Staff member
Ingredients:
  • 1 oz pineapple juice
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • 1 oz blackberry liqueur
  • 1 oz banana liqueur
  • 1 oz light rum
  • 1 oz dark rum or aged rum
  • Splash grenadine
Add ingredients to shaker, shake, then pour into glass over fresh ice. Add orange slice for garnish.

We tried this last night. Although I’m pretty agreeable to almost any tiki drink, this one is not on my top ten list. I think the combination of the blackberry and the grenadine made it too sweet and reminiscent of cough syrup. IMHO.

I may try this again in the future but adjust the 2 ingredients mentioned. Maybe 1/2 an ounce each? Just for the record I’ve never had a bad tiki drink. Some were just better than others. ??

Thanks for your point of view on this recipe Tiki Cwazy. I know a few folks that are not huge fans of the ingredients you mentioned. I usually will try a new drink out at the bars first before making it at home. Did you go out for this, or was it a homemade creation?

Back