What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

The dilution of tiki

Dr. Johnny Fever

So I just quit one of the Facebook tiki groups I had been a member of. I believe they finally "jumped the shark". Now I am by no means a tiki purist, I think everyone has some leeway when it comes to creating their own space, and adding whatever they like to it. (but please don't call it tiki) -Call it tropical. (or sh*t) ! o_O

The last straw for me was when people are posting frankenstein paintings, boxes of pink flamingos and every other post is someone selling something. C'mon man!

Pop Tv No GIF by Schitt's Creek

You should post your “Sorry, I’m out of here” goodbye along with a plug for Tiki Forum! 8AB151B0-5E9D-4A0A-A840-92014D8500A1.jpeg

TFE on FB is a wretched collection of soul less ghouls intent on destroying real tiki, same as one of the mug pages. Love that Sven gets bashed by a few people, can't make this stuff up folks!

Attachments

• Dead tiki.jpg
    Dead tiki.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 8
I think it's the "Tiki for everyone" group.

I'm going to create a group and just start posting pictures of pudding. Pudding for everyone!

I checked out that group. It is private, so you have to join to see the content. But they do have their rules posted publicly. Here is their Rule #3:

PLEASE don't ask "is this tiki?". It's up to you to decide whether or not it is. "This ISN'T tiki" is a trigger. Don't post it. Ditto with "Clown Tiki".

Sounds like they are very "inclusive" with their Tiki definition!

I checked out that group. It is private, so you have to join to see the content. But they do have their rules posted publicly. Here is their Rule #3:

Sounds like they are very "inclusive" with their Tiki definition!
I was removed after they changed from public to private forum, and any new member seeking to join had to answer some questions. I merely asked if the forum was truly "for everyone", why was it now private and a questionnaire had to be answered correctly? I was immediately removed! LOL

Back