• Aloha! Welcome to the Tiki Forum.
    We are glad you stopped by. We are a new message forum that brings Tiki enthusiasts together on the web.
    Please register and join our free community today!

Tiki Culture & History

Kahikina

Staff member
I am curious as to what percentage of our members are Tiki purists, and who has more of a casual anything goes kind of attitude?

I have a friend who has a living room bar with polynesian masks, tiki's and a few imitation spears. He will not introduce anything neon, pirate, parrot-head, or a few other options. Where do you draw the line?

Beach Bum

No jimmy buffet type stuff. No plastic flamingos. No neon lights. No pirate type stuff. I’m not a purist but I lean a little more that way than the other.

Magnesium

I am curious as to what percentage of our members are Tiki purists, and who has more of a casual anything goes kind of attitude?

I have a friend who has a living room bar with polynesian masks, tiki's and a few imitation spears. He will not introduce anything neon, pirate, parrot-head, or a few other options. Where do you draw the line?
I'm pretty relaxed on my tiki style. I know some won't want to hear this, but I have pirate and nautical decor on my walls. Getting ready to expand into the back patio over the summer.
☠

Non Toxic

I’m pretty flexible when it comes to all things tiki. Although I must draw the line when I see those plastic pink flamingos.

casual attitude here. can I say hakuna matada in a tiki forum?

🙀😳🤪:poop: