What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Your thoughts on the Enchanted Tiki Room

Kahikina

Administrator
Staff member
You knew this topic would come up sooner or later, didn't you? What do you think about Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room as an influence?

I’m not up on any of the history of tiki. I just know what I like. The enchanted tiki room is one of my favorites when visiting Disneyland. The little bit of decorating I have is probably influenced by Disney and some books I have read. When I think of tiki I think of bamboo, thatched roofs, pineapple drinks and of course tikis. I suppose i was influenced also by watching Gillian’s island as a kid.

I’m not up on any of the history of tiki. I just know what I like. The enchanted tiki room is one of my favorites when visiting Disneyland. The little bit of decorating I have is probably influenced by Disney and some books I have read. When I think of tiki I think of bamboo, thatched roofs, pineapple drinks and of course tikis. I suppose i was influenced also by watching Gillian’s island as a kid.

I think most people would agree that Walt did a pretty good job setting up an immersive Tiki experience in the Tiki Room.

I think most people would agree that Walt did a pretty good job setting up an immersive Tiki experience in the Tiki Room.

I agree. Walt Disney was a visionary when it came to creating an atmosphere where you could imagine yourself in the time/place he built.

Back