What's new
Tiki Forum

Aloha!
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Join our Tiki Community today!

Exotica Moderne #4

Kahikina

Administrator
Staff member
In the fourth issue of Exotica Moderne, the cat’s out of the bag as we we feature Kansas City’s most famous bar, TikiCat! With a fantastic newly-created cover by the talented Ken Ruzic that gives a nod to the ‘Cat, we’ve filled the issue with a full feature on Ken, plus the art of Anthony Carpenter - also of TikiCat fame! John Okanishi rounds out our cat-centric issue with a feature on TikiCat itself.

Jay Malone takes a look at tiki idols and characters as they appear in video games with his piece, “Virtual Exotica,” and Anne Peck-Davis and Diane Lapis offers us early tropical trends that led the way to tiki bars as we know them.

Ray Wyland exposes the strange world of tiki mug collectors and Justin Cristaldi goes on a rum crawl with Shannon Mustipher.

And, just in time for some hot summer grilling, Tiki Lindy gives us great recipes to throw down for your cookouts, including drinks and dessert!

This issue also includes a eye-popping bonus from Munktiki you’ll just have to wait to see…

All of this and more plus our regular features including:

Tiki with Ray
Cocktail Hour
Moving in Stereo
With commentary, comics, pinups and more!

Frequency: Quarterly
Page count 48
Single Issue Sales - Subscriptions are currently not offered.
Price: $8.00 +shipping

https://www.houseoftabu.com/product/exotica-moderne-4

exotica-moderne4.gif

*posted with permission of Ken (House of Tabu)

Got my copy a week ago, been sitting around. Looks like I need to read it! I love the artwork.

I never heard about these until a few issues had been released. I'm going to try and keep up with them. I think they have great articles and interesting artwork.

Back